Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Live for the day

The Happiness project is winding it's way into my life and my thoughts. A story I read recently about a mom walking her daughter to the bus, everyday, and then the moment of realization; that it wasn't a duty on the calendar for certain number of days to be endured; but a limited gift to be treasured. The walk to the bus was the precious moment for the memory.

How many times will I miss the gift because I am in a hurry to do something else?

Today I got up early and washed my hair and fixed my self up for a Tuesday date with my grand children. We will need to set some small expectations for today and be ready to handle any plan "b" that may come along; but a date it is. And I know with some sadness that there won't be many more. They are growing so fast they are moving on in their life in a way that cannot nor should not be prevented. My privileges have limits that must be respected and wisely treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment