Friday, September 27, 2013

Princess Louisa


It's Wednesday morning and only 52' but the humidity is hi 86% so it is
really cold feeling.  I think I am wearing 3 layers just to sit and sip tea
inside the boat, there isn't a defroster so I put the fans on to the clear
the windows and that makes it feel cooler....sheesh I might need my gloves.


We are anchored in Princess Louisa Inlet. Mainland Canada,  basically all
these inlets are glacier cut canyons with water over 1000 feet deep.  The
walls are several hundreds feet high and I can see by the brightness in the
cloudy sky that the sun is up but hasn't reached down into the canyon yet.
We'll stay here for two days, thank heavens because David really needs some
down time;  So I won't be able to send this until we get back in the world
of wifi signals.


There are waterfalls everywhere, it's a constant white noise festival....

It's funny, there are four boats here total,  we all have radios but the
only other radios we can reach are each others , ie the ones right here, the
4 of us right now are it.  

One boat is a big power boat named ToyBox II and there are lots of toys on
that boat. He helped us anchor last evening so we figure him to be a good
guy. There is another very small sailboat, and a trawler that looks like a
home to its occupants. Their name is " evening star" they seem to be doing
the same thing we are.


Last night we tried to call Evan and report in to him on the sat phone but
it cut off right after we said hello. It must have scared Evan, I am proud
to say that rather than worry, he followed the protocol in the float plan
and called the coast guard they were able to get in touch with us and verify
that we were ok, then through a circuitous route we managed to call Evan
back and let Jim know we were ok. The coast guard guy was great, he said I
am so glad you have a float plan and that everything worked out as it should
have. It made me wonder if maybe not all cruisers have them.   David
informed me the float plan was only for the designated two, Neal and Evan,
the rest of the world can just get a list of places we are going....sorry
folks themselves da rules. We do have a voyage plan it's really boring just
ticks off the things we'll pass as we get to where we are going, we need to
mark the time on that.

The ships log is kind of fun, once an hour someone writes where we are and
what we are doing weather etc, not as good as a diary but close.

I miss you guys but I am totally dying to see my grand kids. William is 7.
He was just born when the mcCormick mt house first went on the mkt. sheesh
where does time go.


beauty and awe join worship with people i may never see again but who became
my friends just by standing with me in prayer and praise.

Please keep us in your prayers as we continue through the month of October
then we will tuck this baby in ( probably in Port Angeles Wa ) for the
winter and head back to Austin out of Seattle.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy,
    How very exciting! I am so happy for you. Maybe I can see you in WA before you head back to Austin. Not sure where the port is and WA is a big state...I love the comment by the woman who said she didn't realize she had to see the beautiful scene until she did. Isn't that really it?!! Being in AWE of what is right in front of us, whatever it is, and only then recognizing its importance on your journey :-) much love to you and David and Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete