Saturday, August 25, 2012

my old life

Sometimes I just want my old life back,
before the house sold and we moved, before retirement.
I think I knew myself better than.

It is very different now, not bad, but very different.
I find myself in spaces where I don't know what I can do.
Why is that?

My choices to sit in a chair, sit on a bed, sit on a couch...
How is this space different from where I was before.

Partly I know it is because it isn't mine. I can't control it.
Outside it is cool not the hot I am used to.
The same 3 pair of jeans rerun over and over
An occasional capri or something long in another fabric...

Who would be grateful for my life.

I ask the Lord to come with me on this journey.
I ask to see the light he has put in my path. I ask to be strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment