Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Get on with...


There is a line in a storybook, that goes "Could this go on all Day and Night? It could you know and it just might!" Why is it some things like this just stick in my head? God's Comic relief I am hoping. (Stop That Ball by Mike McClintock)

Why is it when there is something unnerving or unpleasant to be done I find myself procrastinating, weighing all the scenarios, when really the answer should be who cares just get it done. or else it will indeed drag on all day and night.

1 Cor 2:10b-16

Brothers and sisters:
The Spirit scrutinizes everything, even the depths of God.
Among men, who knows what pertains to the man
except his spirit that is within?
Similarly, no one knows what pertains to God except the Spirit of God.
We have not received the spirit of the world
but the Spirit who is from God,
so that we may understand the things freely given us by God.
And we speak about them not with words taught by human wisdom,
but with words taught by the Spirit,
describing spiritual realities in spiritual terms.

Now the natural man does not accept what pertains to the Spirit of God,
for to him it is foolishness, and he cannot understand it,
because it is judged spiritually.
The one who is spiritual, however, can judge everything
but is not subject to judgment by anyone.

For "who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to counsel him?"
But we have the mind of Christ.

I think when I worry or procrastinate I am living as the natural me and not in the spiritual me.
In trusting God I can be the real me God has created me to be. Only God knows the depth of me,


No comments:

Post a Comment