Friday, March 2, 2012

find my srength

Already it is the month of March. It is so much warmer and dryer than it should be. I sit here with my tea and my thoughts, thanking God this Friday morning for putting a song on my lips.

I Will Be, I Will Be, I Will Be, Strength for the Journey. God will most certainly have to be my strength because I know there is no other way I can make it.

My husband leaves to get back to boat building next week. I am anxious to hear the status report but not looking forward to having him gone. I enjoy every mundane moment as much as I can here but wonder what the adventure will be like.

I wonder if the astronauts ever felt this way when mission control postponed a launch? When will I go? Will this really happen? All the time knowing that no matter how short or long the journey is it will register changes in ones life perspective the will forever stay.

I saw a You Tube video of a boat launch in Argentina, with the family standing along a roadside leading to the ramp as the launch took place , the BIG SPLASH was what they named it. I was surprised at the emotion I felt while watching the process and listening to the amateurish commentary often being interrupted by questions and instructions.

I have for so long kept my distance, waited prayerfully maybe even secretly hoping this life's dream would run it's course with out any need for salt water, waves or seasickness.

Here I am now anxious and waiting but I am not realy sure why. So much has happened to get me ready, literally I could fill blogs with little stuff, and most of it is examining stuff, trying to weigh out what is necessary for life and what is sufficient. Man nor woman lives by bread alone. Who knows maybe blogging is part of what God sends along to be my strength.

2 comments:

  1. I find it an interesting idea that fear is a necessary ingredient for bravery. I am in awe of your willingness to take this journey and die to yourself for your husband's dream and for your partnership. I read these words and they spoke to me. They might be solace to you too.

    Psalm 4

    Commune with the Heart of your heart as you rest;
    be in silence. Bask in stillness. Face your fears with forgiveness, and trust in Love.
    In peace I will spend my days and sleep at night;
    For You alone, my Beloved, teach me the way of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Psalm 4 it is mine for now to wrap up in

    ReplyDelete