Thursday, November 29, 2012

get there

I guess there are just going to be days like today where I wonder where it is I am going. this is a side of the boat ramp going into the water of the Columbia River at tongue point. Sort of like how I feel like I am going but not yet there. I have been in the in between in varying degrees for several years now so I guess I have to admire God for settling me in slowly. The boat is making progress but I am not sure what that means in terms of when it will be complete. We hope 4 weeks. In that time it will be the end of September and the possible approach of winter storms.

If we can get this boat into the water and headed out to sea safely than we can plan the next months to be the adventurers.

I just feel like I have a very small world right now. The town, the boat shop, ( the guys who work on the boat) the church on Sundays. and there are one or two people at each that I know on sight maybe by name. I noticed last Sunday the lady we buy fish from has become very friendly asked how our fish was from last time etc. She smiles and actually acts like she knows us. What will that be like on a boat for days on end.?

I have my computer and a few projects, email, and bane of my existence right now the elections. I think I will be most glad to be away from that.

God grant me serenity to know what it is I need to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment