Monday, December 17, 2012

Renew


I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. (John 16:12-13)


I awoke Sunday to thunder and lightening, and slept lightly while  much needed rain fell.

On my way to church I observed how the rain even as small amount as it was was renewing the ground the grass, the trees and I thought of how gloomy it had to be for that to take place. So I decided to embrace the gloom knowing the promise it would bring.

The readings were among my my favorites, reminding us to think of the promise, then came the homily which awoke my all too early morning reverie. The children at Sandy Hook School in Newton Ct.


This reflection was started yesterday and accidentally erased, I almost let it go but now I cannot. I am going to struggle to put this together and may never feel successful. I still struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment