Saturday, December 8, 2012

reply to sender


I too find myself dealing with unmet expectations all the time. This is often via my children but occasionally my spouse. I hate that the burden is always on me to make my expectations known, but I have to admit it does make life easier. If I want them to be at an event I have to make an announcement…sigh. Christmas Mass comes to mind….
And I am also comforted by the Sparrow song, I remember that I am going to feel alone often in this world because of this ongoing scenario of broken relationships; but I am not alone ever Christ is there But the burden is on me to see this. That is perhaps the grander message. Thank you friend.
What a friend we have in Jesus.
I am amazed and often confounded at how simple it is to take 2 seconds and tell Him what I am feeling. I feel all alone, overwhelmed, like I might cry. that I have no drive or no energy.  That I want to do one good thing today, that I don't want to argue or disappoint those I love.  Most amazing is I share this from the bottom of a mucky pond lying on my back, barely able to see the sky. The request  these days isn't a sub text in the mayhem; but my voice to the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment