Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Remember

In the book of Luke chapter 18 verse 11 there is a prayer. It reads

'God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.' But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even look up to heaven, but was beating his breast and saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other; for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted."

When all my efforts in life fail, and they often do, there is this one simple prayer, I ask God that I be able to remember it at least once a day if not more....

When actually spoken aloud it puts life in perspective in an amazing way. A "God Thing" I guess, where anger melts and judgements, and opinions seem to be just less important...

This prayer puts me in a place where I can if I choose to, move forward to help and follow my call to be of assistance or empower others and not live in angst if this is the right thing to do or not.

This grace miraculously happens no matter who the president of the United States is or what slanderous words or terms are flung about by one group to blame another group for our own weaknesses and fears.

Lord have Mercy on me a sinner, has now become the Jesus prayer, Lord Jesus have mercy on me a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment