Friday, October 21, 2011

count the change

Growing up in Central Florida I walked allot, I wore everyday shoes that are now way over priced, we called them flip flops...and tried to be honest and responsible. My Dad showed me how to write my first check, how to make change and how to count my change. He said always do it before you leave. These days it seems no one counts their change.

Then there is change that needs to be counted carefully and in due time, the change that makes a difference and the change that is just different.

Just this morning I was challenged to stop doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. This is by definition "insanity"

As I reflect I can make myself crazy by worrying over changes that don't really matter.

When my insurance claim process changed I thought it was wrong and not going to work , then a wise friend said it isn't wrong it is just different. When I bought a new dishwasher with the silverware holder on the door I was delighted with this change but my family was not. I was quick to point out it wasn't wrong just different.

Change is about looking at what can be different as a result of an occurrence, staying sane is the tricky part, because I want to avoid any change that scares me or makes me nervous. How will I look at the change or the potential for change and have the courage to make the necessary adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment